Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spontaneous knitting

Yesterday, after the parent coffee at Peachtree Charter Middle School (which A will attend in the fall) and transferring T from the Dunwoody MARTA station to the Volvo place (to pick up his 175,000 miracle mile car), I had a scant hour until carpool time. So I roared down 400 to Strings & Strands in Sandy Springs.

Such a nice reception! Well stocked bins, lots of patterns, and a huge sale room . . . wonderful. I was looking specifically for some yarn to swatch for a cardigan project I'm mulling when I found the South West Trading Company bamboo yarn. Hmmm. I need a spring wrap. How about Clapotis? One thing led to another and I exited with swatching yarn plus two skeins of the Bamboo in Parrot, a blue/green colorway. (I guessed on the quantity incorrectly. I'll have to return for two more skeins to make the longer wrap version of the pattern.)

So Clapotis is going on the needles this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it's great to hear from you!