Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Knitting with your slip hanging out

Having my first pattern linked with Knitting Pattern Central is feeling a bit like walking around with my slip hanging out (I'm dating myself). I'm thrilled, excited, breathless. But I'm also anxious that I wrote the pattern accurately and clearly. Here's hoping! The Felted Tote is making its rounds. So now I have to just sit back and wait . . .

The staff at the Nature Center headed to the World Peace Cafe in Sandy Springs for a Christmas luncheon. Delish, to quote Rachel Ray. Our gathering was small, but our enjoyment was immense. Mushroom strogonoff, carrot ginger soup, mozzarella/basil/tomato sandwiches, and homemade pimento cheese sandwiches. Yum! We shared sweets we'd each made for taking home.

World Peace Cafe is a fascinating place. The wait staff was all volunteers! This was my first time, and I really love the ambiance and philosophy behind the food. This Buddhist restaurant has homes throughout the world, specializing in locally grown, organic food. I highly recommend it to Sandy Springs and Dunwoody readers . . . it's worth a trip for you ITP knitters as well.

(ITP: Inside the perimeter. OTP: Outside the perimeter. In the traffic horror that is Atlanta, there is a definite demarcation between inside I-285 and outside I-285 dwellers. There are those who SWEAR they will NEVER cross that line, no matter what. I happily hop across with careless abandon, but only between the hours of 10 and 3. Those of you who live here know what I mean.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it's great to hear from you!