Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tilted Duster

I've progressed to the "skirt" portion of my Tilted Duster. (You can order the pattern here.) I love the heathered green wool, the juxtaposition of bias and linear stockinette, and how easy this pattern is to follow. Great job, Norah Gaughan!

As usual, I made some modifications to the pattern to fit my proportions. In the original design, the diagonal, empire seam spans the chest. I prefer a longer profile, so added 2 inches to the upper body sections. I also want a slightly longer lower section, so I'll add 2 inches to that section as well.

At the rate I'm going, I should finish the lower skirt and neckline by next week. I can't wait for fall . . . I have some lovely new designs to wear.

The next knitting will be for gift-giving. It's time to start building a collection of custom knits for Christmas gifts. Hmmm . . . felted handbags? Socks? Some unusual scarves? So many choices in the queue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it's great to hear from you!