- Newly separated children's area, with a visual entry and sense of enclosure.
- New circulation desk, an island in the middle of the entry area.
- Relocation of self-check out kiosks to the circulation desk.
- Expanded computer research area, with more carrels and stations.
- Relocation of reserved books, large print, audio books, and CDs.
- Centralized reference section, including more foreign language materials.
- New paint, carpet, and decorative accents.
The Knitternall family "likes this" very much.