That was then. This is now.
January has roared in with many must-do's and a few can't-wait-for's.
- We (the staff plus the ever-amazing and generous volunteer Delightful McC) are renovating the offices at the Dunwoody Nature Center (replacing aged carpet with pristine linoleum, painting walls,and moving furniture).
- I'm registered for a beginning weaving class by the Chattahoochee Weavers' Guild, two Sundays of downright fun.
- The effervescent Pattie Baker of www.sustainabledunwoody.com has invited me into her realm via the new sustainability committee she's spearheading for the City of Dunwoody. I can't wait to contribute.
- School is back in session with a vengeance. There are syllabi to sign, new supplies to obtain, Parent Coffees to schedule for rising 6th grade families coming to Peachtree Charter Middle School, attorneys-in-training to feed for Mock Trial practices, and mucho homework for both kids.
- I'm in the final stretch of Preschool Phonics, teaching what is likely to be my last Level 2 session.
- I'm nearly finished with a sweater for ME!
It's good to be back.