Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dunwoody Arts Festival and Odyssey of the Mind

I am somewhat shamelessly plugging my kid's fundraising efforts for her team's Odyssey of the Mind World Finals competition. She is excited beyond words to be heading to Michigan State  University at the end of this month to compete against hundreds of other Middle School teams . . . and I am proud, proud, proud.

So far, wonderful donors have supported her team by getting their cars washed, eating ice cream at Dunwoody Nature Center, watching her team perform its skit, and giving generous checks.  (One of my favorite families picnicked at the Nature Center with the grandparents, stayed to watch the show, and enjoyed the ice cream, too! Thanks, Heneghens! Then mighty Elizabeth Andersen and her mom Debbie took a few minutes out of a very busy day to sample the ice cream, visit for a few moments, then rush off . . . after leaving a very generous donation!)

This weekend, the team is staffing a booth in the Children's Area of the Arts Festival, selling bubbles and flowers, helping children make Mother's Day tissue flowers for their moms, and spreading the word about Odyssey of the Mind.

We hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Donna!

    I love your blog! I read back as far as I had time for -- and then I subscribed via RSS.

    We met at Chamblee Middle School on Wednesday night. I also was on the panel and was sitting next to you. I gave you my business card. Give me a call sometime or shoot me an e-mail. I would love to chat with you.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun sitting next to you - I think you were just as enthusiastic as I was about answering the questions and encouraging that fabulous group of parents and teachers to "go for it!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it's great to hear from you!